Lightning Strikes and Good Luck
- The first lightning strike hit his leg and knocked the toenail off his big toe.
- The second lightning strike burned off his eyebrows and knocked him unconscious.
- The third lightning strike seared his shoulder.
- The fourth lightning strike set his hair on fire.
- The fifth lightning strike ripped through his hat, set his hair on fire, and knocked him from his truck wearing only one shoe.
- The sixth lightning strike injured his ankle.
- The seventh lightning strike left him with chest and stomach burns.
It lead to the phrase “that Roy is one unlucky bastard” to be uttered many times.
It also lead to the phrase “that Roy is one lucky bastard” to also be uttered after surviving all seven lightning strikes.
It caused countless arguments among his friends and family as to whether or not Roy was lucky or unlucky. At family events they would argue for hours, get into fist fights, and eventually dump their aunt’s potato salad over each other’s heads.
Note: and their aunt’s potato salad was delicious, not like your aunt’s potato salad which tastes like a diseased monkey peed into a bowl of death.
The only thing they could all agree upon was to stay far away from Roy when a storm approached.