National Children’s Craft Day
National Learn About Butterflies Day
National Potato Chip Day
I am so gad I checked the National Days Calendar today. I’d be tearing my hair out if I had missed National Potato Chip Day again. It is that magical time that only comes once a year.
And today is also National Pi Day! I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about Pi lately.
Well, to be honest, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about Pie lately. But National Pie Day is January 23rd and can’t wait that long for some delicious pastry goodness.
And pies are round, so you can use Pi to determine the circumference of your pie. I think I’ll celebrate by getting myself a nice blueberry pie and have 3.14 slices…a la mode.
But the really exciting thing about today: it’s National Learn About Butterflies Day.
So I’m going to impart some of my extensive butterfly knowledge to the fine readers of this blog.
- Butterflies are insects.
- Flies refer to butterflies as the “clowns” of the insect world.
- Butterflies don’t like butter and they really hate flies.
- Butterflies are attracted to nectar-producing flowers that have red, yellow, orange, pink, or purple blossoms. Much like many of the Kardashians. (Similar brain mass.)
- Butterflies often have brightly colored wings with unique patterns made up of tiny scales. Much like many of the Kardashians.
- Butterflies hate being compared to the Kardashians.
- Butterflies hate it when you mistake them for moths. (Moths are the mimes of the insect world.)
- Mothra is giant butterfly that routinely battles Godzilla…and occasionally a Kardashian.
- According to a gardening website, you can make butterfly snacks. (I ate twelve butterflies before I realized the website meant snacks for butterflies.)
- Butterflies taste horrible and they get stuck in your teeth.
- Lepidopterophobic is what you call someone with a fear of butterflies. The word pussy also works.
- Scientists report there are between 15,000 and 20,000 different species of butterflies.
- Scientists spend way too much time counting butterflies.
- Monarch butterflies will travel thousands of miles to reproduce.
- Butterfly Tinder sucks.
- Most caterpillars are herbivores; the rest love pulled pork.
- Butterflies have taste receptors on their feet.
- Despite that thing about their feet–butterflies tend to be very smug.
You are now practically a butterfly expert.
Now you can spend the day munching on potato chips, calculating the volume of spheres, and ruminating on your newfound butterfly expertise.
You may have noticed I ignored the fact that today is also National Children’s Craft Day.
Yes. Yes I did.