Lightning Strikes and Other Lucky Occurrences.
Roy Sullivan, a Virginian park ranger, had a strange ability: surviving lightning strikes. He survived seven separate lightning strikes.
- The first lightning strike hit his leg and knocked the toenail off his big toe.
- The second lightning strike burned off his eyebrows and knocked him unconscious.
- The third lightning strike seared his shoulder.
- The fourth lightning strike set his hair on fire.
- The fifth lightning strike ripped through his hat, set his hair on fire, and knocked him from his truck wearing only one shoe.
- The sixth lightning strike injured his ankle.
- The seventh lightning strike left him with chest and stomach burns.
It lead to the phrase “it sucks to be Roy, he is one unlucky bastard” to be uttered many times, after being struck by lightning seven times.
It also lead to the phrase “holy crap, that Roy is one lucky bastard” to also be uttered, after surviving all seven lightning strikes.
It caused countless arguments among his friends and family, as to whether or not Roy was lucky or unlucky. They would get into fist fights and dump potato salad over each other’s heads. The only thing they could all agree on was to stay far away from Roy when a storm approached.
Are you a glass half-full or a glass-half empty person?
Here are some examples:
Glass half-empty: Whoa, that bird just crapped on my shoulder.
Glass half-full: Whoa, that bird didn’t crap on my face.
Glass half-empty: I got so drunk last night; I can’t remember what I did.
Glass half-full: I got so drunk last night; thank goodness I can’t remember what I did.
Glass half-empty: That wind storm knocked my jack-ass neighbor’s tree onto my car and destroyed it.
Glass half-full: My jack-ass neighbor’s insurance has to pay for my new car.
Glass half-empty: My neighbor could read this and be pissed-off.
Glass half-full: My neighbor could be pissed-off.
Glass half-full: My new girlfriend is Lindsay Lohan.
Glass half-empty: My new girlfriend is Lindsay Lohan.
So which are you: half-full or half-empty?